Monday 19 October 2009

The Pound That Wouldn't Go In.


We make our way to Angel tube station
"I just gotta top up my Oyster yeah Nedu"
"Kool"

Touch the reader.
Pay as you go.
Top up any amount.
Now simply enter the cash.

If only it were that simple :S

Now i don't know if these counterfit coins are still around
and i haven't been doing my 'real coin check' for a while
it just didn't seem that important anyway. You feel me.

But me, B and this coin were together for quite a while.
We stopped at ever single machine in the place.
"Try rubbing it against the machine like the others"
I point to the evident coin damage the millions of communters
have caused to the poor machine... the last one we bothered to try.

It didn't work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Next Customer"
"Your machine didn't like my money... £1.05 please"
you could see the smirk on his face as he explained it didn't
take 5p... well we were obviously talking about the pound.. but hey.
It was late. He was probably tired.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To save yourself the embarassent and frustration of others
(especially in the morning)
just go to a human being - the machine isn't quite there yet

No comments:

Post a Comment