Tuesday 9 March 2010

Words of Encouragement

Without going into too much detail
(My Mum reads this.. lol)
I've just walked out of a pretty shady time in my life.

I wasn't entirely being myself, because I thought
By pretending to be someone else, the person I was trying to impress
would like me better.

Pretty lame huh?

And so I found myself lying to this person
Day in day out, never truly showing who I was..

Sometimes it's fun to be someone else
Especially for us writers, getting into the mind of another
character, aodpting a different persona..
But this is no creative writing task.

This is my life.

When you lie about something
You miss out information, get a date wrong
A time wrong, an age wrong....
Things start to become uncoheret and people
start clocking...

You can either lie some more
Or unravel everything, right from the
beginning. Ultimately leaving you with nothing.

And thats what I did.
Because the dots just weren't joining up.

And now I have nothing...
more to do with this person.
With a big phat smile on my face.

I realised so much in this time
When I was unravelling and exposing
everything I had said. Showing them
exactly who I was.

Guess what... they just couldn't handle it.
And that made me realise.
It was never meant to be.

This post is to those who feel they aren't good enough..
Or they have to enhance their lifestyle a bit..
Follow a little bit of what everyone else is doing
Just to get by.

To the girls that never thought they were pretty enough,
Or the guys that think they aren't hench enough..
You will naturally attract love, just by being you.

It's a learning curve you know.
I understand things about me that I
didn't know before. And have highlighted
the mistakes I never want to make again.

Just remember you are special,
never substitute your divineness for anyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment