Monday 23 November 2009

In The Morning.

04:40, am
My bedroom, In my bed.

Flashing lights break through the darkness
My eyes, forced open to see my phone flashing
Alarm - AWAKE.

With an out stretched arm
i reach for the button that will end it all
QUIT.

"I'm awake"
"I'm alive"

the two most frequent thoughts to invade my mind
every morning.

I lay there for a moment longer
not daring to close my eyes
i want to see this hour through.


Upright i sit, as my eyes adjust to the darkness.

To my left, my laptop sits
opening the lid, light floods the room
blinking routinely as my eyes adjust to the light.

You Tube.
In the morning? Mhmmm...
Fingers to keyboard i type in

I..S...R...A
Israel New Breed.

My words sometimes
aren't enough, and so
i often find a beautiful melody
to sing to, praise to..

Away, away from the noise
Alone with you
Away, away to hear your voice
And meet with you
Nothing else matters, my one desire is

To worship You, I live
To worship You, I live, I live
To worship You.

Tears bled from my eyes
weeping, calling out to The Father.
My Father, and if you didn't already know
Your Father.

With the song on repeat
(By repeatedly starting it again :P)
The song was with me


- As i washed the dishes
- As i ate my breakfast
- As i got dressed
And even now as i am typing.

Before i dash off to get my 07:00 bus
let me leave you with a proposition.

Make each day count
Start it right, In The Morning

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment